Monday, August 22, 2011

Life happens.....and a Mini product review

Hey everybody... my rant today is about how things can effect other things in your life...we all call it the snowball effect. So the BFC is a great lifestyle and I love it. I did a binge on bread for about a week and realized that my body doesn't like it near as much as my taste buds do. I gained a few pounds and now I am stuck struggling to lose it. I am 3 pounds up from my goal weight of 125...but at my lowest I was 123.5. I know it doesn't seem like much but it is enough to put me between jean sizes and makes me feel fat. Grrr. I need to tone my body up because I am thin but squishy and I don't find that very attractive at all! I am meeting with my trainer at the gym today to shake things up and get some toning going on. Ok, so that is all fine and well. I also quit smoking.....yay me! Its been like 45 days or something and I feel much better about myself and my health. The only problem is that when I stopped taking Chantix, I started becoming really moody. Like an amped up PMS.....yikes! I gave it 3 weeks to see if it would go away on its own but after having a major come apart yesterday, I went to the doc and he put me on xanex for about 10 days. The first one I took knocked me out last night so I am not sure how well they will work for me during the day if I feel like I need to take one. But they are on a take as needed basis and I usually only get grumpy the last half of the day so I am hoping it will work out ok. Its a short term thing while my body adjusts so I should be back to normal (whatever that is) soon.

The good thing is.....I am still not smoking and I am back on track with the BFC (no non BFC bread) and hopefully if anything the xanex will kill my appetite and help me out :) LOL. I found a product called Chocolate Fantasy. It is cocoa sweetened with stevia. You can make hot chocolate or use it as a boost to your coffee. It comes in both Milk and Dark chocolate flavors. It is belly good and YUM! I found it at Market of Choice.

5 comments:

  1. HI Randy, If you are still feeling the effects of the drug even after 3 weeks of not taking it, I would definitely stay away from it completely. Any drug that makes you feel different can't be good for you.
    Have a good day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for quitting! ITs such a hard addiction to stop but you will feel so much better and have so much more energy! PRoud of you! Chantix is a very successful drug in smoking cessation but i Heard it gives you some wild dreams. I hope things get better for you. Maybe an antidepressant like Wellbutrin would help? I take it & it has made a world of difference for me in keeping me on an even keel. I find as I am aging, the hormones make me a little wacky even though I had a hysterectomy (still haev the ovaries tho)
    Your "brood" is a good lookin bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on stop smoking. I have never smoked but I have heard it is one of the hardest things to give up. I hope the meds work for you. I would love to be able to find that chocolate drink. I should check it out on amamzon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand about the 3 pounds actually. I am down to almost goal now, and today I was up 2 from eating too much salt yesterday. A woman at my gym tonight actually thought I was pregnant. WHAT!?!? Good luck getting back down to goal - hope it comes quick for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great new about the chocolate fantasy thank you for sharing. I hope the moodiness you are experiencing gets better, I have never smoked but I understand that it is very hard to quit. Keep up the good work you are doing great

    ReplyDelete