Saturday, August 13, 2011

Weeble wobble

Hey everybody. So maintaining weight is a bit of a tricky thing.....it seems like I am either losing or gaining. Thankfully it is only a few pounds so I have control over it but it has been a little tricky to find the proper balance. Let me explain....if I stick with the 15/6 then I lose weight....i hit my goal and went a few pounds beyond to where my hubby said i should probably not lose anymore. So I started loosening up a little bit on the carbs. (never sugar, I always have less than 10g a day) It worked well for a little while but then after a few weeks I started gaining a few pounds. (It might have something to do with the fact that I have discovered dipping oil for bread!!) I can eat it in moderation but the past week or so I have taken it to a whole new level of indulgence. The bread I eat is within the carb count if I only eat two servings but I am a major bread addict, and I wasn't gaining weight at first, so I just started eating a little more than one serving here and there and then eating it way too often. I also discovered that I like wine with my bread......so you can see where this might lead. LOL. That combined with quitting smoking which also decreases the metabolism...I gained a few pounds. Not a big deal because I am back on strict counting as of yesterday and I alreeady lost 1.5 of it...I have 3.5 to go so really not something to stress out about but I would like to find the magic formula that would let me stay exactly where I want to....not losing too much but not gaining either. I think it is probably different for everybody.

I got a wild hair.....literally.....and cut my hair off. It was about two inches above my pants in the back and I had it cut into a forward bob or A line. I love it but I need to have my stylist fine tune it a bit for me. She was busy when I needed to get it done so I had to go to somebody with less experience. They didn't screw it up but they didnt put as much texture in it as I want and left it a little long in the back. I will post pics when I get it fixed. I am 37 days quit now and have been off the chantix for almost 2 weeks. I would have taken it longer but it was making my tummy hurt so I decided I had enough. I am doing fine off the Chantix and I am happy about that because it saves me money. ;)

So life is good here people.....I am glad to see some old friends return....you guys have been missed! This week I will be doing a few product reviews.....but I have to figure out how to post pictures here from my xoom....it always says wrong file type which is why my blog never has updated pics! I will work on it and see what I can do!

Have a great BFC day everybody!!

3 comments:

  1. Kudos on your decision to quit smoking and to lose weight, smoking and being overweight are two of the worst things we can do to ourselves health wise. I bet your new hair is super cute and I look forward to seeing pictures. I also look forward to your product reviews I find it really helpful to hear what products everyone likes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling that maintenance is going to be a very difficult animal indeed! I think that part of the reason I have taken so long to get there is because I am afraid of how hard it will be. I know I need to get there so that I can face it, but it sure is taking me a loooong time. Hopefully I can make it soon, I know I am going to need the practice. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done so good on the no smoking. I did that like a zillion years ago and know how hard that is.
    The maintenance is a tricky one. I don't want to veer off from the BFC, even though my sister keeps telling me I should loosen up also. She said I also should not lose any more weight.
    I truly and not sure what we should do.

    ReplyDelete