Friday, July 8, 2011

Going good!

Things are going very will with the quitting smoking and maintaining my weight on the BFC. It is only day two of quitting but its easier than day one, which was already super easy. Its exciting to me that I am getting healthier every day! I am going to try the BFC rootbeer popsicle recipe that I got from Amber....perfect for summer! I have been counting again the past couple of days....not much has changed except tht I am sticking with protein only after 3pm again. Not necessarily on purpose but it seems to be my habit when I go back to counting. My go to snack right now is my flax muffins...at 4g carbs they are a 0/0 snack with 3g of fiber and are perfect with my coffee. I am also on a taco salad kick. I like making those for lunch because they are "cold" yet still have either beans or meat for protein that helps you feel full when you eat and keeps you feeling satisfied longer. I can also have a soda with it if I want because the carb count is so low! Plus, depending on how you make it, it can have the feel of junk food. hehe. I also like to snack on hot and spicy pork rinds and sour cream. Those are good when I get the "crunchy munchies". Oh, and another stepping stone is that I have stopped being tempted by breads. Breads of all kinds have been my weakness all along and it has been a major battle to resist. I have been resisting it all along but somewhere along the line, I simply stopped wanting breads other than what I have been eating on the BFC. I never knew that would happen but I am really glad it did! I did find a bread round that I can eat that is really good dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar....but it doesn't have a lot of fiber so I only do that on special occasions.....like when I have friends over. Every now and then I try a new thing or two but ususally I just stick with my normal BFC foods. It seems to work better for me that way.....sort of a stick with what you know type of deal.

I hope you all have a wonderful BFC day!

6 comments:

  1. I notice that I do better if I stick with my normal set of foods, rather than trying new stuff all the time. Kind of goes against the normal diet mentality, but I think it will work better in the long run. I actually read an article about this yesterday on marksdailyapple - he agrees with us! ;) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of dipping the spicy pork rinds in sour cream. I love those and eat them often. I am gonna try that.
    Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is your feeling on quitting smoking? Is it going to be harder than changing your eating habits or about the same? I realize with this diet how addictive food is for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly, I was really worried about going postal. The Chantix takes away the physical craving for me so the only thing I have to deal with is the "habit" and psychological end of it. It is way easier than I ever thought it would be. I attribute my success to my experience with the BFC! Dealing with kicking the sugar addiction I think in many ways was harder because it is everywhere...and people don't quite understand why we do what we do. In quitting smoking, cigarettes arent everywhere I turn and I am not having to constantly tell people no. My hubby still smokes but that doesn't bother me because he is very considerate and is extremely supportive of my choice to quit....just like he has been supportive of my BFC lifestyle. So in short, as long as the Chantix continues to do its job of taking away my body's physiological craving for nicotine, I think quitting smoking is easier. The good news is....I am maintaining my weight at 124 and have no munchines!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Randi - Let me know how you like the popsicles, I made those again but totally forgot about them! I think they are all best the same day, a little soft.

    That has to be really hard with your husband still smoking, but that is really great he is still supportive of your changes. Its amazing all the big changes you are making! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rootbeer and cream were ok but I accidently put too much cream so they were a little weak. Next, I made pure rootbeer pops and I really liked those. I have lots of different flavors of Blue Sky Free Soda that I am going to experiment with over the next few weeks. They make a tasty treat for hot days....now if only we had some! LOL. It isn't hard at all with John still smoking... just like it isn't hard when he eats pie and ice cream oranything else like that. I have a mind set that goes something like this... "I don't eat that....I don't smoke." It isn't that I can't....I just don't. Sort of like I don't do drugs.....its just not an option for me. For me....its all about the way I see things...a minor adjustment in viewpoint can mean the difference between success and failure. :)

    ReplyDelete