Monday, July 25, 2011

Belly ache.... what to do??

Hey everybody! It's good news/bad new day. LoL. The good news is that I am on day 19 of no smoking and doing great with it. No cravings, no thinking about it or anything. The only times I think about it are when I take my pills morning and night and when I get my support email and phone call once a day. Other than that, it doesn't cross my mind. Yay! The bad news is that two days ago I develped an awful stomach ache. It started when I ate some chicken bratworst stuffed with parmesean and asparagus. It was really good but about 15 minuets after I ate it, my stomach started burning like crazy and I got really sick......spent a good chunk of time praying to the porceline goddess that night until I got rid of it all. My tummy was really tender after that but I figured that it was just sore from either vomiting or from the brats...maybe there is something in there that my tummy didn't like. That was 3 days ago and my tummy still hurts. To top it off (TMI warning) my digestive system has slowed down considerably. I have upped my fiber intake and water intake to 35+ grams for a couple of days but it isn't helping and now I really can't put much on my tummy at all. Even liquids make me queasy and yesterday all I ate was BFC berry smoothies all day. They are about the only thing that doesn't make my bely hurt really bad. I have no idea why this happened or what to do to fix it.....Pepto didn't work at all....and in fact made everything slow down even more.....I am trying some Milk of Magnesia today just to see if it helps regulate my cycle a little better. Just seems like more is going in than is coming out and I know that isn't good. Plus, my stomach gurgles a lot and I can feel it traveling through my intestines a little bit. It is wierd for sure. So I am just trying to use common sense with this and get it figured out....who knows it may just be a nasty tummy bug that nobody else in my family caught....but if anyone has any ideas....feel free to shout out! I need all the help I can get.

Have a great BFC day!

2 comments:

  1. HI sorry to hear about your tummy. I had food poisoning one time. It was awful, vomiting and diarrhea at the same time. May I suggest some toast w/ a little butter, and maybe some eggs for protein.
    Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried Natural Factor's Probiotics? They are my savior for all tummy troubles. Hope you feel better:)

    ReplyDelete