Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Control

If you read my other blog, you know that the issue of "control" is on my mind today.....while I did indeed manage to give up control in choosing my husband and let God do that for me, I haven't always been able to apply it to other areas of my life. I had an "aha" moment the other day while soaking in the tub, which ultimately led me to realize this and with that realization came some new concepts that allowed me to stop trying to control specific situations and simply control how they effect me. I am of the belief that "I am not responsible for your feelings"....in other words, people can only hurt you, make you angry, sad, depressed, upset or whatever else if you let them. Ok, sounds easy, but really sometimes its far from it! There are a few situations that I have battled with over the last year or so....maybe longer, that I forgot to give up trying to control everything but me! I have also said that "Change is what you try to do to someone else....Grow is what you do when you realize you can't!" So, while I may say these mantras in my head often, sometimes I forget to LIVE them. Ooops! I did figure this out a few days ago with my "aha" moment but it is nice to be reminded of it every now and then so I don't forget again! So thank you Jaime, for reminding me with your blog. While we are working on giving up control in different areas of our lives, the same principle applies.

No comments:

Post a Comment