Friday, March 25, 2011

BFC "donuts"

So I found a recipe for low carb doughnuts....except it turned out more like BFC crumbles....BUT they were tasty!! I could easily see my self topping the crumbles with whip cream and a couple of berries but I also like them just the way they are! If you want to try....here ya go!

1c flax meal
1c Almond meal
1T baking powder
1/4 t salt
1 and 1/4 t cinnamon
1c josephs maltital sweetner syrup
1/2 c butter, melted
4 eggs, beaten
1c plus 2T water

topping

1/2 c equivalent powdered artificial sweetner (I used xylosweet, not powdered but good anyway)
2 t cinnamon
2T melted butter

Mix dry and wet seperately then slowly combine

Bake at 350 for 20 min in muffin tin, filling muffins a little over halfway full.

Recipe says it makes 12 but mine made 16.....

Using these ingredients each muffin has 0 sugar, 2.25 g fiber and 5.25g carbs. Double check the counts on your things in order to check your final tally for each muffin.


So in typing the recipe out I realized I left out the water and may have only put a half stick instead of a half cup of butter.....well I think I am having a blondish day!! If you try them and use the right amount of everything, let me know how they turn out!!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds good Randi, but watch out for the Malitol. I use josephs sugar free syrup and it makes my tummy gurgle all day when I do. It upsets many peoples tummys. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully it doesn't bother mine. I make several things with it and haven't ever had a problem. In the origional recipe they talk about using something call zero, some alternative sweetener...I don't know what that is or if it has artificial sweenener in it so I substituted for something BFC approved. =0) the origional recipe is at lowcarbdiet.about.com if you want to check it out...they have lots of stuff on there.

    ReplyDelete