Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The "rents"

This blog is about the "rents" or parents. John and I are unique in that we both come from parents who are still married....TO EACH OTHER!!!! In this day and age, I consider this a near miracle. In addition to setting a really good example of how to foster a relationship through the trials of life, our parents are also some of our best friends.

I absolutely adore my hubby's parents and have been so thankful to have them around. Dad (Vern) teases me in that quiet way of his and is always there when you need him. Mom (Alice) is a wonderfully dynamic lady who keeps me on my toes. She is a go-getter and makes me feel like I'm the one in my late 50's!! LOL. She has been instrumental in my being able to enjoy my childhood passion.....horses. She gave me Rio, my super,wonderful,fantastic, awesome horse and lets me keep him at her house because I have no place for a horse at mine. She also listens when I need to work through things and is strong enough to call my BS! Love her!

My rents.....well, I am a Daddy's girl to the core....spoiled but not rotten. (well, maybe a little) I take after my Dad in personality and looks...although I am starting to see a lot of Mom in me as I get older. My Dad taught me to be extremely self sufficient and not to rely on others unless you absolutely have to.....this has served me well many times in life. A hard lesson learned, but one that has shaped a lot of who I am. Of course, this is not the only thing I learned from my Dad, but it was one of the hardest lessons and it made a huge impact on my life. And then there is Mom....we are close like no other and I don't know what I would do without her. She is very empathetic and has always listened to my feelings....and listened, and listened and listened....LOL. I am sure that more than anyone else, she was thankful that I met John!!! She is also my favorite shopping buddy. I love, love, love shopping with my Mom. We always have so much fun. They have started doing the Arizona thing in the winter so I am not so patiently waiting for them to get back so we can do some shopping!! =0)

No comments:

Post a Comment