Monday, November 28, 2011

Holding steady!!

Hey everybody. I am reporting in on how I made it through Thanksgiving. I didn't gain an ounce!! whoo hoo! My "secret" is that I drank my psyllium husks in the morning as usual and ate a breakfast burrito with the Smart and Delicious Tortilla at around 10 am. We ate dinner at 230 so I wasn't really even "hungry". I ate a serving of turkey, a scoop of potatoes (made with hashbrowns, cheese, sour cream, cream of celery soup, and cornflakes) a scoop of homemade noodle in chicken broth, a slice of jellied cranberry sauce, two rolls and my sugar free eggnog from my last post. I know I went a bit over on my carbs. I am not sure how much exactly because I didn't actually count but my portions were small and none of the food I ate was extremely high in carbs. I was way under on my sugar count which is perfectly fine. It was one meal of one day that I went over and I have found that as long as I don't go crazy, I can go over my carb limit fairly frequently now that I am in the maintenance phase and still maintain my goal weight. Not eating the pumpkin pies and such is easy for me because I am not a pastry person. My "treat" was the rolls. As I have said many times before, fresh baked bread is my total heaven. That is usually my treat food at special events like holidays or football games or other parties. lol. This is my first holiday on the BFC so I had a plan for success but was still a little nervous about balancing enjoying the season but also eating healthy. I feel that I achieved that balance for Thanksgiving which gives me confidence for Christmas too! What were your challenges this holiday and how did you do? What are you going to do different (if anything) for Christmas? Have a happy Monday!!

2 comments:

  1. HI Randi, sounds like you did fine for thanksgiving. I hope you had a good holiday. Send me a message on my email and I will send you my phone number so we can talk. Let me know what time is good for you - remember I am in California time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! It sounds like you had a successful Thanksgiving. Glad to see your not having problems with your computer/comments anymore.

    ReplyDelete