Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New Adventure!!

I started a new adventure today! I am now spending my days with my hubby's grandma while his parents are at work. She just needs minimal care.... fix her lunch, administer her meds, and just check on her every now and then to make sure she hasn't fallen or needs help with anything. She is a delightful lady who has lots of great stories when she is in the mood to share them. =0) She does enjoy her alone time in her cabin so I have lots of time to play with my horse!! I will also be doing some light housework for Mom as it comes up or whatever else she needs done. Today, after we took Grandma to get her pacemaker checked and ate lunch, she spent the afternoon "not napping" in her cabin. I got to spend several hours at the barn, just running up to check on her every 45 minuets or so. I clipped his bridle path and feet. I was just going to wash his tail and put it in a tail bag but the sun was so warm (so was the water) it turned into a full bath! I think I got one too! Got the dreadlocks out of his mane and trimmed it up too. It was some good guilt free horse time! I am happy that I can help take some stress off of Mom and have fun at the same time. I am tired though....its going to take a little bit for me to get used to being so busy....but it should help with the weightloss I am doing!

1 comment:

  1. See, you were all worried and stuff about going or not going. It sounds like you had a pretty good day and you got to be with your horse. I bet that was great!
    Take care and have a good day tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete